Is this the course for you?
Whether you are looking to become a fully-qualified beauty therapist in a salon environment, embark on a career as a freelance beautician, increase your knowledge and expertise for your current beauty-related role, or want an all-encompassing beauty therapy qualification that is highly-respected by employers and clients alike, this fantastic course is the pathway to a huge number of beauty industry opportunities.
The Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy is an advanced, varied, and hugely interesting qualification where you will learn how to apply and master a range of beauty techniques from Indian head and stone body massage, right through to electro-therapy treatments.
This course also covers the more familiar aspects of beauty therapy, but takes them to the next level and teaches you the intricacies of intimate waxing for both men and women, and how to perform electrical epilation.
Much more than just beauty treatments, the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy will also develop your knowledge of salon life and the beauty industry as a whole. You'll learn to monitor and maintain health and safety practices, promote and sell products and services, explore technological developments in the industry, and improve client care and communication.
If you're looking to take your beauty industry career to the next level, then this is the course for you.
What experience and skills will you gain?
You will study a combination of compulsory and optional modules, in areas such as:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Client care and communication
- Facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide electrical epilation
- Massage using aromatherapy oils
- Provide Indian head massage
- Intimate waxing for male and female clients
- Apply stone therapy massage
- Maintain personal health and wellbeing
- Explore technological developments within hair and beauty
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
Additional Information: Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy / Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be continually assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients or in relevant real-life settings), observations, and portfolio work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a qualified beauty therapist or beauty consultant in a salon setting, or you could work as a freelance beauty therapist. Combining this course with additional qualifications could also lead to employment as a nail technician, makeup artist, or spa therapist.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, you may wish to consider increasing your expertise with the following qualification:
- Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy Techniques (City and Guilds)