This section is for applicants who are not nationals of the UK or any of the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, and require a Tier 4 Student Visa to enter or remain in the UK.
You should be aware of the UK Immigration and Visa’s process for issuing Tier 4 Student Visas. Please refer the official guidance on their website before applying for a course:
UK Visas and Immigration
Tier 4 Visa Guidance
UK Council for International Student Affairs
The UKVI have changed their points based system. Please see Customer Q&A document provided by the UKVI
Applying for a course
Before applying for a specific course, please check that:
- The course will be suitable to apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa. It must involve daytime study of at least 15 hours per week at Level 3.
- The courses we currently offer that meet this criteria are listed here.
|Arts media & Enterprise||L3 Video Photography & Digital Publishing||Sept|
|Arts media & Enterprise||L3 Magazine Journalism FastTrack NCTJ||Sept & Feb|
|Arts media & Enterprise||L3 Newspaper Journalism FastTrack NCTJ||Sept & Feb|
|Engineering||L3 Electrical/Electronic Engineering Diploma||Sept|
|Engineering||L3 Civil Engineering OCNLR Access||Sept|
|Engineering||L3 Comp Aided Engineering OCNLR Access||Sept|
|Engineering||L3 Electrical & Electronic Eng OCNLR Access FT||Sept|
|Engineering||L3 Sound Eng & Electronics OCNLR Access FT||Sept|
|Science||L3 Access to Health & Human Sciences||Sept|
|Science||L3 Access to Medical Sciences OCNLR||Sept|
You may not be required to attend an interview at Lambeth College, it is therefore important that you provide all of the required documents so that we can assess your suitability for the course.
We are not able to accept an online application. You must complete a hard copy of the application form which you can obtain by:
Please attached the following documents:
- A copy of your current passport / all visas and travel documents.
- Copies of international and UK qualifications, and English Language proficiency certificate (if required).
- Copies of previous CAS's assigned and used as part of the Tier 4 application(if applicable).
- A reference from your current school/college/university/employer.
- IELTS test report form indicating your level of English
- NARIC evidence of equivalent English level if using qualifications from your home country.
If you meet all of our entry requirements, you will be sent an offer letter. In order to accept the offer you will need to provide the following:
- Signed acceptance of offer
- Full fee payment
- Financial documents providing evidence of the UKVI required maintenance funds and tuition fees.
- UKVI approved TB Health Screening Certificate (if we request this).
Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) and Tier 4 Visa Application
Once we are in receipt of all of the above, and no more than three months before the start of the course, we will be able to assign your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). You will need to make your Tier 4 application to the UKVI within five days of receipt of the CAS.
Starting at Lambeth College - The Careers College
Before you start the course, we will need to see the originals of your educational certificates. While we will try to ensure that you are offered a place on the right course, it is essential that you have the necessary ability and motivation to follow your chosen course. However, if you have not have attended an interview or taken the college entry assessment prior to being offered a place, we cannot guarantee that the course will fully meet your needs. The College, therefore, retains the right to review your placement on your chosen course when you arrive or during the first few weeks of term. Should this be necessary, you may be offered a place on another course which is deemed to be more appropriate for you.
If for any reason the course for which you have been accepted does not run, we may be able to offer you a place on another appropriate course.
You should be aware that if there is no other suitable course that meets the requirements of your Tier 4 Student Visa, you may lose your right to remain in the UK.
Please inform our Admissions Team as soon as your visa is issued together with the date you intend to arrive in the UK so that we can send you an enrolment invitation.