Is this the course for you?
The Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Travel and Tourism is an advanced qualification designed to teach you the applied skills and in-depth knowledge you will need for a successful and rewarding career in the travel and tourism industry. This qualification is the equivalent of 1.5 A levels, making it the perfect choice for those of you looking to immediately seek employment in the industry, or wanting to advance directly on to further study or Higher Education.
On this course you will develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the travel and tourism industry as a whole, while also learning a host of transferrable industry-skills that will help you in whichever career path you choose to take. You will be taught about everything from the business and marketing operations that drive the industry, through to the customer service and inter-personal skills needed to be a success in your chosen career.
Through a combination of compulsory and optional modules, you will be able to tailor your study to match your career aspirations. Whether you are interested in European and long-haul travel, UK-based tourism and visitor attractions, hospitality operations and working as a holiday representative, or want to get involved with the business, retail, and marketing sector of the industry, this qualification will arm you with the knowledge and skills to achieve your goals. You will even have the opportunity for practical work experience placements, to further develop your knowledge and skills, in a real-world industry setting.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mix of compulsory and optional modules in interesting topics such as:
- Investigating the travel and tourism sector
- The business of travel and tourism
- The UK as a destination
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Marketing travel and tourism products and services
- Preparing for employment in travel and tourism
- European destinations
- Long-haul travel destinations
- Retail travel operations
- Business travel operations
- Investigating the cruise industry
- Responsible tourism
- Tour operations
- Specialist tourism
- Working as a holiday representative
- Passenger transport for travel and tourism
- Events, conferences and exhibitions
- Tourism in rural areas
- UK visitor attractions
- Hospitality operations in travel and tourism for holidaymakers
- Work experience in the travel and tourism sector
- Residential study visit in travel and tourism
- Airfares and ticketing
- Working as a children's representative in travel and tourism
- Researching current issues in travel and tourism
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Airfares and Ticketing
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of innovative ways, including practical tasks, observations, presentations, assignments, coursework, and exams. You will even have the chance to use Instagram feeds and video presentations for your assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead directly to employment in the travel and tourism industry, in a qualified capacity. It can also provide a direct route to further study or Higher Education.
After successfully passing the Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Travel and Tourism, you may wish to consider one of the following undergraduate degrees, available at London South Bank University (additional qualifications may be required):
- Tourism and Hospitality Management BA (Hons)
- Events and Entertainment Management BA (Hons)