Is this the course for you?
Are you already working in the ticketing sector and looking to up-skill for your current role? Do you work in the travel industry and would like to change your career path? Are you looking to embark on a rewarding career in the world of fares and ticketing? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then the Level 2 Award in Virgin Atlantic Fares and Ticketing could be the course for you.
As a major provider of fares and ticketing courses in the UK, Virgin Atlantic has created this practical Level 2 qualification to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary for establishing a career in the aviation industry.
This IATA recognised course is designed to provide you with an intricate, in-depth understanding of the flight booking process from interpreting airline codes, right through to calculating complex fares for multi-sector journeys. You will also learn how to calculate fares for journeys with both surface sectors and side trips, construct special fares for multi-sector journeys with different types of travel sectors, apply add-ons to construct unpublished fares, and complete automated and manual fare calculation areas.
With our great facilities, fully-qualified teachers and expert tutors, and our professional links with companies operating in the industry, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about the world of travel and tourism, with a specific focus on fares and ticketing.
This qualification can not only improve your promotion and employment prospects, by developing your industry-standard skills in manual fares and ticketing, and enhancing your overall travel industry skills, but it can also help you progress on to further study and training.
This is a part-time course, consisting of one day of study a week, so can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or home-life commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Construct fares for multi-sector journeys, applying the mileage system, higher intermediate points and minimum fare checks
- Apply add-ons to construct unpublished fares
- Calculate fares for journeys with surface sectors
- Calculate fares for journeys involving side trips
- Assess fares for journeys involving different classes of service
- Construct special fares for multi-sector journeys with and without surface sectors
- Complete automated and manual fare calculation areas in detail
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
- Or Evidence of past industry-experience, or currently be working in the industry
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed via an examination at the end of the course.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead directly to employment in the airline industry, in the travel and tourism sector in general, or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Award in Virgin Atlantic Fares and Ticketing, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)