Is this the course for you?
Is it your dream to live and work abroad as a qualified resort representative? Do you have ambitions of a rewarding career in the travel and tourism industry? Do you believe you have the potential to enrich someone's holiday experience? If your answer to any of those questions is yes, then we have the perfect course for you.
The Level 2 Award for Resort Representatives is designed to teach you the industry knowledge and practical skills to become a qualified resort representative, teaching you everything from how to find employment opportunities, to developing a full understanding of what your duties and responsibilities will entail. You will learn skills essential to the role, such as how to prepare for the start of the holiday season, and how to manage airport and transport duties, ensuring that your future employers are as delighted as your future customers.
With our great facilities, fully-qualified teachers and expert tutors, and our professional links with companies such as British Airways, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about the world of travel and tourism.
Whether you're looking to head straight into employment with a holiday company as a resort representative, or want to progress on to further study and qualifications, this course could be your ticket to a successful and rewarding career.
This is a part-time evening course, so can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or home-life commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, understanding, and skills in areas such as:
- Investigating employment opportunities for resort representatives
- Understanding the role of a representative in a resort
- Preparing for the start of the holiday season
- Managing airport and transport duties
- Investigating the role of the children's representative in a holiday resort
- Investigating the role of the entertainment representative in a holiday resort
- Develop soft and hard skills to enable you to work within a team
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or Equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
Additional information: You will need to attend a short, informal interview to show you are a motivated and confident learner
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including practical tasks, role play, presentations, and coursework.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead directly to employment as a resort representative with a holiday company; wider work in the travel and tourism industry; or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Award for Resort Representatives, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)