Is this the course for you?
Do you have a passion for travel and tourism in the UK? Are you interested in the cultures and attractions of other countries? Are you looking for a rewarding career in a varied and exciting industry? If you answered yes to any of those questions then you can stop your search, because this could be the course for you.
The Level 2 Extended Certificate in Travel and Tourism will help you develop an in-depth knowledge of UK-based tourism, and teach you the skills required to successfully plan and provide travel and trips, both here and overseas. You will gain an understanding of the travel and tourism industry as a whole, while also learning a host of transferrable skills that will help you in whichever career path you choose to take.
On this course you will learn everything from how to provide exceptional customer service, understanding package holidays, how travel agents operate, hospitality services, guided tours, and learning about airports and airlines, right through to the intricacies of the UK travel and tourism industry, gaining an understand of our coastal and rural tourism, and our purpose-built visitor attractions. You will even have the opportunity for practical work experience placements, to further develop your knowledge and skills, in a real-world industry setting.
With our great facilities, fully-qualified teachers and expert tutors, and our professional links with companies such as British Airways, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about the world of travel and tourism.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mix of compulsory and optional modules in interesting topics such as:
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- Promotion in travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism destinations
- UK purpose-built visitor attractions
- Understanding package holidays
- Travel agency operations
- Hospitality in travel and tourism
- Introduction to guided tours
- Impact of travel and tourism provision on a host community
- Tourism in a popular UK region
- Know about airports and airlines
- Career planning for travel and tourism
- Work experience in travel and tourism
- UK coastal tourism
- Heritage and cultural tourism
- UK rural tourism
- Understanding specialist tourism
- Enterprise in tourism
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or Equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of innovative ways, including practical tasks, observations, presentations, assignments and coursework. There are no exams or high-pressure situations, and you will even have the chance to use Instagram feeds and video presentations for your assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead directly to employment in the travel and tourism industry in a junior or trainee role, or give you the opportunity to progress on to further study and higher qualifications.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Extended Certificate in Travel and Tourism, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)