Is this the course for you?
Do you have dreams of working in the varied and exciting world of travel and tourism? Do you know that you want a career in this exciting industry but are undecided what job you'd like to do? Or do you have ambitions of becoming a travel agent, tour guide, cabin crew member, or resort representative? If that sounds like you, then this qualification could be your ticket to your future career.
The Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism will help develop the core knowledge and basic skills you need for a successful career in this wide and exciting sector, while also teaching you about what life in the industry is really like.
This course covers everything from customer service, planning trips to visitor attractions and travel destinations, how to recommend holidays and destinations, and the differences between different types of airline, and the role of cabin crew and holiday reps, right through to managing your rights and responsibilities in the workplace, job opportunities, and how to build working relationships with customers and colleagues.
With our great facilities, fully-qualified teachers and expert tutors, and our professional links with companies such as British Airways, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about the world of travel and tourism.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mix of compulsory and optional modules in interesting topics such as:
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Displaying travel and tourism products and services
- Planning a trip to a visitor attraction
- UK travel destinations
- Recommending a package holiday
- Schedule, charter and low-cost airlines
- The role of air cabin crew
- The role of the overseas resort representative
- Planning and participating in an event
- Work experience in travel and tourism
- Planning for a job in travel and tourism
- Conduct at work
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
- Speaking confidently at work
- Being responsible for people's money
- Researching a tourist destination
- Planning and taking part in a visit
- Displaying travel and tourism information
- Carrying out an individual project
- Working in a team
- Building working relationships with colleagues and customers
What do you need to apply?
Entry Level 3 English qualification
Additional information: This course does not have any specific entry qualifications, we are interested in learners with a passion for travel and tourism and a desire to work in the industry. You will have an initial assessment in English and maths.
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of innovative ways, including practical tasks, observations, presentations, assignments and coursework. There are no exams or high-pressure situations, and you will even have the chance to use Instagram feeds and video presentations for your assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course will give you the information you need to decide if a career in the travel and tourism industry is right for you, and it's the ideal platform for continuing your study at a higher level. You will also get the opportunity to take part in a work experience placement.
After successfully passing the Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 2 courses:
- Level 2 Extended Certificate in Travel and Tourism (NCFE)
- Level 2 Award for Resort Representatives (NCFE)
- Level 2 Award in Fares and Ticketing (CTH)
- Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Cabin Crew (NCFE)