Is this the course for you?
If you're considering enrolling on this course then congratulations, because you're one qualification away from becoming an accredited personal trainer, armed with the knowledge and skills required to make a positive difference to your clients' health, fitness, and wellbeing.
The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training will teach you both the technical skills and the scientific knowledge you need to train, guide, and support your clients on their health and fitness journey.
You will learn how to effective devise, plan, and implement personal training programmes, designed specific for individual clients, and how to deliver them in a professional, effective and engaging way. You will also be taught how to apply the principles of healthy nutrition to your physical activity programmes.
More than just focussing on the mechanics of personal training, this course will also develop your in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology for exercise; the principles behind exercise, fitness, and health; and how to support your clients during their physical activity.
With our state-of-the-art sports facilities and gym (free to use for our learners), fully-qualified sports instructors and expert tutors, and our highly-successful sports teams, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about this industry. We even have a dedicated fitness company working right here in the college, who can provide experience and mentorship for your personal training career.
Whether you're looking to head straight into employment as a personal trainer, or want to progress on to further qualifications, this course is here to spot you as you lift yourself to your personal best.
This is a part-time course so can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or home-life commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including practical tasks, assignments and coursework.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead directly to employment as a personal trainer, or in the fitness industry in general. It can also provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, you may wish to consider expanding your knowledge and skills with one of the following courses:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (BTEC)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
You could also consider one of the following undergraduate degrees, available at London South Bank University (additional qualifications may be required):
- Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)
- Sports Coaching and Analysis BSc (Hons)