Is this the course for you?
Is it your dream to become a qualified personal trainer? Do you have ambitions of a rewarding career in the sports and fitness industry? If your answer to either of those questions is yes, then we have the perfect course for you.
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction is designed to teach you the practical skills and scientific knowledge to train and support your clients, and help them realise their fitness goals. You will learn everything from understanding anatomy and physiology for exercise; health and safety in a fitness environment; and the principles of exercise, fitness, and health; right through to how to both plan and instruct gym-based exercise in an effective and professional way.
With our state-of-the-art sports facilities and gym (free to use for our learners), fully-qualified sports instructors and expert tutors, and our highly-successful sports teams, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about this industry. We even have a dedicated fitness company working right here in the college, who can provide experience and mentorship for your personal training career.
Whether you're looking to head straight into employment in the fitness industry, or want to progress on to further qualifications, this course is your perfect pacesetter in the race to a successful career.
This is a part-time evening course so can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or home-life commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including practical tasks, assignments and coursework.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead directly to employment in the fitness industry, or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (NCFE)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (BTEC)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport (BTEC)