Is this the course for you?
No matter what your career goal may be, whether it be to progress to further training and qualifications, seek employment in a sporting venue or leisure facility, or go on to specialise in fitness instruction and personal training, this course can help you take the next steps on your journey in the exciting and varied world of sports and fitness.
The Level 2 Diploma in Sport is designed to both teach you a range of practical work-based skills, and develop your knowledge and understanding of the sports industry in general. By completing projects and assignments, all based on realistic situations that you could experience in your future career, you will gain knowledge of the principles and behind the sports industry, and through practical participation of sports and fitness exercises, you will learn the fundamentals of performance, coaching, health, and well-being.
You will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as anatomy and physiology for exercise, healthy exercise and nutrition, sports participation, coaching and development, sports events, and performance analysis.
With our state-of-the-art sports facilities and gym (free to use for our learners), fully-qualified sports instructors and expert tutors, and our highly-successful sports teams, we have the perfect environment for you to learn about the sports and fitness industry, and guide you through the next steps of your career journey.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, understanding, and skills in areas that could include:
- Participating in sport
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Introduction to healthy exercise and nutrition
- Sports coaching
- Physical fitness and injuries in sport
- Developing sporting skills and tactical awareness
- Performance analysis for sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Planning and running a sports event
- Understanding business in sport
- Lifestyle and the sports performer
- Sports volunteering
- Work experience in the sports industry
- Plan and set up an enterprising sport business
- Strength and conditioning training
- Development of personal fitness through training
- Introduction to sports massage
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
- Preparing to work in the sport and leisure industry
- Plan, deliver and evaluate an activity session
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or Equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including practical assignments, presentations, work-based assessments, and coursework.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in a variety of roles in the sport and leisure industry, or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Sport, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (NCFE)