Is this the course for you?
The Level 2 Diploma in Science is ideally suited to those of you who are looking to gain access to higher qualifications, and further study, with a view to a rewarding career in a science-based industry.
Whether your ambitions lie in biology, chemistry, or physics; in applied, forensic, or medical science; or even in engineering, sport, or health and social care; this course will provide you with the core scientific knowledge and practical skills to help you achieve your future goals.
Based at our state-of-the-art science laboratories; you will get to perform real experiments, using industry-standard equipment, and be taught how to analyse your results. Subjects you could study are as fascinating and varied as energy and our universe, biology and our environment, chemistry and our earth, the living body, chemical analysis and detection, electronics in action, and investigating a crime scene. You will even have the opportunity to undertake industry work experience.
If you are looking for a course to take your scientific knowledge to the next level, whilst also developing your transferable skills in IT, study and research, mathematics, and English, the Level 2 Diploma in Science is the qualification for you.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge and skills in a variety of scientific areas.
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification e.g. Level 1 Diploma in Science (BTEC) and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assignments and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in a trainee or entry-level role in a science-related industry; an apprenticeship; or give you the opportunity to progress to further study.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Science, you could further develop your knowledge and skills on one of the following Level 3 courses (additional entry criteria may apply):
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Applied Science (QCF BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Technology (BTEC)
- Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in Medicine and Medical Biosciences (OCNLR)
- Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in Health and Human Science (OCNLR)
- Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in Nursing (OCNLR)