Is this the course for you?
If you are looking to improve your career prospects in any number of business-based environments, or are looking for a qualification that will open the door to further levels of study, then this course is a fantastic starting point. The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration will provide you with the core knowledge and skills that are essential to working in an administrative role.
On this course you will be taught the basics of successful administration; you will learn how to carry out a wide variety of administrative services, how to manage information and produce professional documents, and how to communicate in a business-appropriate way.
More than just the technical skills of administration, you will also be taught about the day-to-day operations of business environments and organisations, and how to communicate effectively and professionally.
As this is an online course taught over 7-14 weeks, it is ideal for those of you are already working in a business environment and are looking to increase your skills. The flexibility of the course means you can fit your studies around your existing job, whilst achieving agreed deadlines set by you and your tutor.
What experience and skills will you gain?
You will study the following topics:
- Unit 1: Principles of providing administrative services
- Unit 2: Principles of business document production and information management
- Unit 3: Understand communication in a business environment
- Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
- Unit 5: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Unit 6: Understand how to carry out business administration tasks
- Unit 7: Understand how to prepare text
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above, or Level 1 vocational qualification, or Level 1 qualification in English.
Additional Information: If you do not hold a suitable Level 1 qualification, or cannot provide evidence of one, you may still be able to enrol on this course following an initial assessment to test your level of literacy in English.
How will you be assessed?
This course can be completed fully online, or via paper-based learning. Both options are assessed via online tests and assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course can help you find employment in a number of entry-level administration roles. It can also give you the opportunity to increase your career options through further study.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses to expand your knowledge and skills:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business & Admin (OCNLR)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management (ILM C&G)