Is this the course for you?
You will often hear the phrase 'natural leader', but the fact is that there are many skills, theories, and techniques you need to employ, in order to lead a team effectively and in a positive manner. This course aims to provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to successfully lead a team.
This nationally-recognised qualification is designed to build your knowledge of the principles of team leading, improve your understanding of business as a whole, and develop the skills you need to effectively and professionally communicate, with a range of stakeholders, at different levels.
Whether you are already working in a role that involves the supervision and management of others; want to improve your chances of promotion in your current job; or are looking to gain the sort of valuable skills which employers are looking for; this course can help you progress on your chosen career path.
This is an online course taught over 10-12 weeks, meaning you can choose when and where you study, so it offers you the flexibility to fit your studies around your existing work, training, or home-life commitments, whilst achieving agreed deadlines set by you and your tutor.
What modules will you do?
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1: Principles of team leading
- Unit 2: Understanding business
- Unit 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Unit 4: Understand how to manage performance conflict in the workplace
- Unit 5: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Unit 6: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Unit 7: Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Unit 8: Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above, or Level 1 vocational qualification, or Level 1 qualification in English.
Additional Information: If you do not hold a suitable Level 1 qualification, or cannot provide evidence of one, you may still be able to enrol on this course following an initial assessment to test your level of literacy in English.
How will you be assessed?
This course can be completed fully online, or via paper-based learning. Both options are assessed via online tests and assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course can help you find employment in a number of roles that involve the supervision, leadership, and management of others, across a wide range of sectors, or help you to progress further in your current role. It can also give you the opportunity to increase your career options through further study.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading, you may wish to consider progressing on to one the following Level 3 courses to expand your knowledge and skills:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management (ILM C&G)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business & Admin (OCNLR)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)