Is this the course for you?
This nationally-recognised qualification is designed to help you develop a thorough understanding of retail operations, including effective customer service, teamwork, and understanding what to expect when working in the retail sector.
Whether you are already working in the retail sector and wish want to improve your chances of promotion or career advancement, or are looking to gain the sort of valuable skills which employers are looking for in their new employees, this course can help you progress on your chosen career path.
This is an online course taught over 8-16 weeks, meaning you can choose when and where you study. It offers you the flexibility to fit your studies around your existing work, training, or home-life commitments, whilst achieving agreed deadlines set by you and your tutor.
What modules will you do?
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1: Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Unit 2: Understanding the retail selling process
- Unit 3: Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Unit 4: Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Unit 5: Understanding retail consumer law
- Unit 6: Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
- Unit 7: Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
- Unit 8: Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above, or Level 1 vocational qualification, or Level 1 qualification in English.
Additional Information: If you do not hold a suitable Level 1 qualification, or cannot provide evidence of one, you may still be able to enrol on this course following an initial assessment to test your level of literacy in English.
How will you be assessed?
This course is to be completed via paper-based learning and assessed via online tests and assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course can help you find employment in a number of roles in the wide and varied retail sector, or help you to progress further in your current retail role. It can also give you the opportunity to increase your career options through further study.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations, you may wish to consider progressing on to one the following Level 3 courses to expand your knowledge and skills:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business & Admin (OCNLR)
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management (ILM C&G)