Is this the course for you?
Businesses use lean organisation management techniques to instil exceptional teamworking practices in their operations, and provide the greatest customer value with the fewest resources; a philosophy increasingly important in today’s competitive business sector.
This nationally-recognised qualification will develop your understanding of lean organisation techniques, and show you how to implement these techniques in business; it will also teach you about the skills required to work effectively in a team in the business sector.
The Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques is split into manageable study units, and will develop your knowledge and understanding in three key areas:
- Unit 1: Lean organisation techniques in business
- Unit 2: Business improvement techniques
- Unit 3: Effective team work in business
Whether you’re currently employed and looking to increase your career and promotion prospects; are working in a team leader or managerial role and want to keep your skills up-to-date; or seeking employment in the business sector and wanting to deepen your employability skills; this course will provide you with a broad and detailed understanding of industry-standard lean organisation management techniques.
This is an online course taught over 6-9 weeks, meaning you can choose when and where you study, so it offers you the flexibility to fit your studies around your existing work, study, or home-life commitments.
What modules will you do?
Unit 1: Lean organisation techniques in business
- The features of a lean environment
- Performing a productivity needs analysis
- Devising a map of a process
Unit 2: Business improvement techniques
- The principles of the Kaizen strategy
- The principles underpinning organisation of a business environment
- Using visual indicators to make improvements to the work environment
- Eliminating variance from workplace processes
Unit 3: Effective team work in business
- The features of an effective team
- Working effectively within a team
- What is required of a team leader
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above (including English and Maths)
Level 1 vocational qualification
Level 1 qualifications in English and Maths
Additional Information: If you do not hold a suitable Level 1 qualification, or cannot provide evidence of one, you may still be able to enrol on this course following an initial assessment to test your level of literacy or numeracy.
How will you be assessed?
This course can be completed fully online, or via paper-based learning. Both options are assessed via online tests and assessments.
Where can this course take you?
This course can increase your expertise for your existing team leader or project management role; teach you specialist skills to aid your career progression; or provide you with valuable employability skills to aid you in finding employment across a wide range of business sectors. It is also a great course for anyone wishing to advance in their continuing professional development (CPD).
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques, you may wish to consider further expanding your knowledge and skills on another of our Level 2 online courses:
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (TQUK)
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles for Digital Skills in Employment (TQUK)
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration (NCFE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service (NCFE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading (NCFE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations (NCFE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance (NCFE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity (NCFE)