Is this the course for you?
The Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Information Technology is the ideal starting point for those of you who want a future career that will involve the use of information technology (IT), would like to learn a new skill for your current role, or are looking for a course that can help you advance on to further qualifications.
Designed to teach and develop practical IT skills, this course is all about what you have the potential to do, rather than what you already know. You will also acquire a variety of transferrable skills that will help in all aspects of life, not just in the world of information technology.
You will study essential topics like creating digital information, solving IT problems, creating spreadsheets, digital animated graphics, creating websites, and using digital communication technologies.
More than just increasing your knowledge of IT, you will also develop transferrable skills that will help you in any role, such as learning to be organised, personal progression planning, working with others, and how to research a project.
If you're looking for your first step on the IT career ladder, or want to gain access to further qualifications, then this is the course for you.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of compulsory and optional modules, in varied and exciting topics such as:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Developing digital information using IT
- Using digital communication technologies
- Solving technical IT problems
- Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
- Creating a website
- Creating a computer program
- Developing a digital product
- Creating a digital animated graphic
What do you need to apply?
2 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D-G or 3-1 or Entry level vocational qualification
Additional Information: You will have an initial assessment in English and Maths
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways that could include:
- Carrying out practical tasks
- Present information that you have gathered
- Keep working logbooks, records, and journals
- Practising English and mathematical skills
- Taking part in oral or written presentations
- Taking part in role play, interviews and other activities
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead you into entry level jobs in a variety of information technology and business environments.
Successfully passing the Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Information Technology will also give you the opportunity to enrol on one of the following Level 2 courses:
- Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Information and Creative Technology (BTEC)
- Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business (BTEC)