Is this the course for you?
The Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service will give you the knowledge and skills you need to serve your customers a fantastic drinking and dining experience, whatever the setting.
Designed for those already involved with food and beverage service, yet equally suited to those looking to start their career in the hospitality and catering industry, this course will provide you with the expertise and confidence to provide your guests with a fully professional food service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
You'll learn essential skills in areas like food service, food safety, taking payments, maximising profits, bookings, serving hot and cold beverages, complaint handling, bar service, and menu design.
This is the perfect qualification for anyone who works in or wants to work in front of house in a restaurant, hotel, cafÃ©, bar, or other food and beverage service venue.
What modules will you do?
Below you will find examples of the type of subjects you will study:
- Investigate the catering and hospitality industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Menu knowledge and design
- Applying workplace skills
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of hot beverages
- Food and beverage service skills
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure travel and tourism
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or related Level 1 vocational qualification.
Additional Information: You must be of legal drinking age in the UK (18 years old or over) to take part in any alcohol tasting.
How will you be assessed?
You'll spend a lot of your time training in a group environment, and will be assessed using both practical assignments and traditional testing.
Where can this course take you?
Successful completion of this course can lead directly to supervisory level jobs in the hospitality and catering industry, including bar or restaurant supervisor, head waiter, hotel administration, sommelier, catering management roles.
Following successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service, you may wish to consider expanding your hospitality and catering knowledge with one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Patisserie and Confectionary (City and Guilds)