Is this the course for you?
This part-time course is perfectly suited to those of you who want a rewarding career in the health and social care sector, wish to progress to further qualifications and Higher Education, are returning to education, or are seeking to take on increased responsibilities or seek a new direction in your existing work.
The Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Health and Social Care will develop your knowledge and increase your practical skills in a number of key areas, including approaches to mental health, moving and positioning individuals, infection prevention and control, activity provision, and adopting a person-centric approach to care.
You will also gain an insight into what it is like to work in a health and social care setting, better understand equality and inclusion, learn about health and safety, and develop your transferrable communication skills.
This is a part-time course, with one day of study a week, so can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or family commitments and is a great choice if you are looking to return to education or up-skill in your current role.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Communication in health and social care
- Equality and inclusion in health and social care
- Working in a health or social care setting
- Moving and positioning individuals
- Activity provision
- Supporting an individual to be part of a community
- Infection prevention and control
- Food safety and supporting a user to eat
- Approaches to mental health
- Person-centred approaches in health and social care
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, coursework, project work, and examinations.
Where can this course take you?
This qualification could lead to employment in a number of roles, including care assistant, residential and domiciliary care, health care assistant, or support worker.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Health and Social Care, you may wish to consider increasing your knowledge, skills, and qualifications with one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Health and Social Care (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (BTEC)
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (City and Guilds)