Is this the course for you?
If your ultimate goal is to for a rewarding career in the health and social care sector, and to progress on to further training and qualifications, then The Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care is the perfect place to start your journey.
This course is designed to give you a broad understanding of the theoretical knowledge, and practical skills, you will require to work in the health and social care sector. You will study a variety of key topics such as human lifespan development, healthy living, and health and social care values.
More than just developing your knowledge and skills in the practical application of care, you will also expand your theoretical knowledge in areas such as the principles of effective communication, and equality and diversity in the health and social care sector.
You will develop essential knowledge and skills via a combination of practical work-based learning, and will gain a deeper understanding of the principles and theory that surrounds the health and social care sector via academic study. In addition to your college-based study, you will also spend one day per week gaining essential hands-on experience, with a work placement in a suitable health and social care setting.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Human lifespan development (externally assessed)
- Healthy living (externally assessed)
- Health and social care value
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, coursework, project work, and examinations. Certain modules will be externally assessed.
Where can this course take you?
This qualification could lead to employment in a number of roles, including care assistant, residential and domiciliary care, health care assistant, or support worker.
After successfully passing the Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care, you may wish to consider increasing your knowledge, skills, and qualifications with one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Health and Social Care (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (BTEC)
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (City and Guilds)