Is this the course for you?
This course will develop your skills in cutting and styling ladies hair, develop your hairdressing techniques, and teach you what it's really like to work in a salon.
If you're just starting out in hairdressing, or already have some knowledge and basic skills in the industry, then the Level 2 Certificate in Cutting Women's Hair could be the perfect course to kickstart your career and put you on the path to becoming a fully-qualified hairdresser.
You will be shown the complete hairdressing process; from providing consultation services to clients, right through to cutting hair and recommending products. You will also learn about hair treatments and techniques such as shampooing and conditioning, and the art of dressing hair. This course will also give you an insight into what life in the hair industry is really like, while teaching you transferrable skills such as health and safety, and customer service.
The Level 2 Certificate in Cutting Women's Hair covers the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to gain employment within the hair industry as a junior/assistant hairdresser.
This is a part-time course, so it can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or family commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of exiting and interesting topics, including:
- Working in the hair industry
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Cutting hair using basic techniques
- The art of dressing hair
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
Additional Information: Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior/assistant hairdresser or stylist in a salon.
Further study could also lead to you developing the additional skills to become a fully qualified hairdresser or stylist.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Cutting Women's Hair, you may wish to consider one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Makeup (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering (City and Guilds)