Is this the course for you?
The Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing is a cutting-edge qualification that will take your knowledge, skills and techniques to the next level. If you're serious about a successful career as a hair stylist or qualified hairdresser, then this course will take you a big step closer to achieving your goal.
You'll develop professional-standard skills and expertise in areas such as cutting women's hair to create a variety of looks, colouring hair and hair colour correction techniques, perming hair, styling and dressing hair, creative hairdressing design skills, and creating beautiful bridal hair.
More than just increasing your technical hairdressing expertise, you'll develop the knowledge to provide professional consultation services to your customers, and consultation support to your colleagues, while also learning about the intricacies of day-to-day salon life and health and safety in a salon environment.
If you're looking for a qualification that will teach you a wide range of advanced practical skills and professional techniques, while developing your industry-knowledge at the same time, fully preparing you for salon life and ensuring that your future employers will be as happy as your future customers, then the Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing is the course for you.
What modules will you do?
You will study a number of exiting topics, such as:
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Consultation support for colleagues on hair services
- Cutting women's hair to create a variety of looks
- Colouring hair using a variety of techniques
- Hair colour correction
- Styling and dressing hair
- Perming hair
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Bridal hair
- Working with colleagues within beauty-related industries
- Health and safety practice in the salon
What do you need to apply?
5 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade C or 4 or above or equivalent Level 2 vocational qualification at merit/pass or above.
Additional Information: Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior stylist or stylist in a salon.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing, you may wish to consider expanding your skills and qualifications with one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media Makeup (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering (City and Guilds)