Is this the course for you?
Is it your ambition to become a fully-qualified hair stylist or hairdresser? Do you want a career in the hair industry in general? Do you already work in a salon but are looking to take your skills to the next level? If the answer to any of those questions is 'yes', then this is the course for you.
The Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing will teach you a mix of practical skills and artistic techniques, as well as preparing you for working in a professional salon. You'll learn the whole hairdressing process; from providing consultation services to customers right through to cutting and colouring hair.
On this course you'll develop the skills and expertise required to start your career as a professional hairdresser, and will be taught elements such as perming, shampooing and conditioning, styling and dressing, and even how to create an image for your client based on a theme.
This course will not just increase your hairdressing expertise, it will also teach you about the day-to-day operations of working in a salon, so as well as developing your knowledge, skills, and techniques, this course will also teach you about customer care, team work, health and safety, and recommending products to your customers, to really prepare you for life in the hair and beauty industry.
What modules will you do?
You will study a number of exiting topics, such as:
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Style and dress hair
- Perm hair
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Create an image based on a theme
- Working with colleagues within beauty-related industries
- Health and Safety
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
Additional Information: Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior/assistant hair stylist.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing, you may wish to consider one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media