Is this the course for you?
If you want a career as a hair stylist, makeup artist, beauty therapist, or want to work in the hair and beauty industry in general, then this course will develop the skills, techniques, and knowledge you need to be successful.
The Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Beauty will guide you through the whole hairdressing process; from providing consultation services to customers right through to cutting, colouring, and styling hair. You will also learn about a range of beauty treatments including manicures and makeup application.
This course is designed to teach you more than just hairdressing expertise and beauty therapy techniques, as it will also teach you about the day-to-day operations of working in a salon.
You'll develop knowledge of customer care, consultations, product recommendation, and team work, to really prepare you f
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of exiting and interesting topics, including:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Set and dress hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult clients
- Blow dry and style hair
- Cutting hair
- Health and safety
- Style hair with electrical equipment
- Facial and skin analysis
- Makeup application
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
Additional Information: Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior/assistant hair stylist, beauty therapist, or makeup artist.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Beauty, you may wish to consider one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media Makeup (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma Nail Technology (City and Guilds)