Is this the course for you?
The Level 2 Certificate in Makeup teaches you a wide range of essential technical and practical skills and will develop your knowledge of makeup artistry. This course is perfect for those looking for a career in the beauty industry, or wish to go on to further training.
You will learn creative skills and techniques in makeup application, as well as gaining knowledge of what life in the makeup industry is really like.
This course covers the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the beauty industry as a junior/assistant makeup artist. You could find yourself working in a number of varied and exciting environments, such as photographic studios, department stores, or salons. You could even take your training further in order to become a freelance makeup artist.
If you are looking for a qualification that shows an employer that you have the necessary technical skills to be employed as a makeup artist, and also have knowledge of health and safety and customer service, then this could be the perfect course for you.
This is a part-time course so it can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or family commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of exiting and interesting topics, including:
- Principles of working in the makeup industry
- Anatomy & physiology for makeup artists
- The art of applying makeup
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
Additional Information: Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior/assistant makeup artist in a wide variety of settings including photographic studios, department and makeup stores, and salons. Further study could also lead to you developing the additional skills to become a freelance makeup artist
After successfully passing the Level 2 Certificate in Makeup, you may wish to consider one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Makeup (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma Nail Technology (City and Guilds)