Is this the course for you?
If you want a career as a hair stylist and makeup artist, or to work in the beauty industry in general, then this is the course for you, as it will give you all the practical and artistic skills you need to be a success in your chosen career.
On this course you'll develop the skills and expertise required to start your career as a professional hair and makeup artist. You'll learn how to create intricate makeup and stunning hair designs, and you'll even have the opportunity to explore body art design.
This one-year Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Makeup will not just increase your skills in hairdressing and makeup application, it will also teach you about eyelash and brow treatments, skin tanning techniques, and body artistry.
As well as developing your beauty-treatment knowledge, skills, and techniques, this course will also teach you about working in a salon and customer care, to really prepare you for life as a junior hair and makeup artist.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of exiting areas, such as:
- Applying makeup
- Body art design
- Skin tanning techniques
- The art of colouring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Make and style a hair addition
- The art of photographic makeup
- Providing eyelash and brow treatments
- Creating an image based on a theme in the hair and beauty industry
- Client care and communication in beauty -related industries
- Working with colleagues within beauty-related industries
- Health and safety practice in the salon
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification.
Additional Information: Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior/assistant makeup artist and hair stylist.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Makeup, you may wish to consider one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media Makeup (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology (City and Guilds)