Is this the course for you?
If you have ambitions to become a beauty therapist or beauty consultant, or if your goal is to work in the hair and beauty industry in general, then this is the ideal course for you.
The Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy will give you the practical and technical knowledge you need to be a success in the exciting world of beauty therapy.
You'll learn how to perform key skills such as hair removal waxing techniques, manicures and pedicures, eyelash and brow treatments, threading, and facial skincare. On this course you'll develop the skills and expertise required to start your career as a professional beauty therapist.
This course will not just increase your beauty treatment expertise, it will also teach you about the day-to-day operations of working in a salon. As well as developing your beauty-treatment knowledge, skills, and techniques, this course will also teach you about customer care, reception duties, health and safety, and recommending products to your customers, to really prepare you for life in the beauty industry.
What modules will you do?
You will be taught skills and techniques such as:
- Client care and communication
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Facial skincare
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Manicure and pedicure treatments
- Eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Threading service for hair removal
- Salon reception duties
- Health and safety practice in the salon
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
Additional information: Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments (performing treatments and techniques on clients) and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment as a junior/assistant beauty therapist.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, you may wish to consider one of the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media Makeup (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology (City and Guilds)