Is this the course for you?
If you are looking for a rewarding career working with children in a nursery, school, or pre-school environment, or if you are already working in an early years setting and are looking to increase your knowledge and understanding, then look no further, because this could be the course for you.
The Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner will prepare you to work with babies and young children from birth to 7 years old, and teach you specialised knowledge of the early years setting of 0-5 years.
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of topics that apply to early years settings, including the role and responsibilities of a practitioner; health and safety; safeguarding, protection, and welfare; supporting children's development; supporting a healthy lifestyle; planning activities and purposeful play; and how to support the needs of babies and young children with special educational needs and disability.
More than just increasing your knowledge of the theory and principles of early years practice, you will also develop your practical and applied skills by working, volunteering, or taking part in a practical placement in a suitable setting, as an important part of your assessment process.
Successfully completing this qualification content meets the Department for Education's (DfE) Level 2 full criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
What modules will you do?
You will gain knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Roles and responsibilities of the early years practitioner
- Health and safety of babies and young children
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children
- Understand how to support children's development
- Support care routines for babies and young children
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promote play in an early years setting
- Support wellbeing of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles
- Support babies and young children to be physically active
- Support the needs of babies and young children with special educational needs and disability
- Promote positive behaviour
- Partnership working in the early years
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
Additional information: You are required to have a clear DBS check to enrol on this course.
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed via practical work-based assessments and course work.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in a nursery assistant, classroom assistant, or pre-school assistant role in a variety of educational and childcare settings.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner, you could further develop your knowledge and skills on one of our Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (NCFE CACHE)
- Level 3 Diploma in Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools (NCFE CACHE)