Is this the course for you?
Learners will engage with complex theoretical as well as specialist practices in a range of media applications. Whilst advancing creative media skills in pre-production, production and post-production learners will also develop their ideas generation and execution abilities, planning and producing media outcomes for specified briefs and audiences.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology is an advanced, technical course designed to develop your in-depth knowledge and understanding of the creative media industry, while teaching you essential technical skills that will enable you to progress to further training in a variety of media related subjects. This qualification is the equivalent of 3 A levels, making it perfect for those of you who wish to progress directly to Higher Education.
Through practical learning and real-world immersive study, you will develop both the creative media skills, and theoretical knowledge, that you need for a successful and rewarding career in this industry. You will gain experience of audio and visual technology; pre-production, production, and post-production processes; interactive media, creative media methods, and the application of media practice to express ideas to a range of audiences. You will also develop advanced creative skills in a wide range of media applications.
More than just developing your technical skills, you will also gain a deeper knowledge of the theories and principles of creative media production, and increase your understanding of the media industry as a whole, by learning about professional standards, research methodologies, the expectations of the industry. You will gain a conceptual understanding of the uses of creative media, improve your ideas generation and execution abilities, and learn to plan and produce media outcomes for specified briefs and audiences.
So, whether you already know the specific career path you wish to follow, or want to progress to further study and Higher Education, the Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology can help you turn your creative career aspirations in to reality.
What modules will you do?
You will develop skills, techniques, and knowledge in areas that can include:
- Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Investigating audio production and technology
- Investigating visual production and technology
- Investigating interactive production and technology
- Developing a creative media production project
- Characteristics and contexts in creative media production
- Engaging with an audience in creative media production
- Preparing for progression in creative media production
- Specialist study in creative media production
- Extended project in creative media production
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
Additional information: You will have a review of your portfolio and ideally show some moderate success in the subject area
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of assignments, course work, observation of practical workshops, and a final project.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment in a number of creative media production and technology roles, or can provide a direct route to Higher Education. Careers open to you could include camera person, film editor, director, director of photography, producer, scriptwriter, film crew, radio technician, radio producer, animator, and digital publishing.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology, you may wish to consider progressing to Higher Education, with one of the following courses available at London South Bank University (additional qualifications may be required):
- Media Production BA (Hons)
- Animation BA (Hons)
- Creative Advertising with Marketing BA (Hons)
- Fashion Promotion with Marketing BA (Hons)
- Game Design and Development BA/BSc (Hons)