Is this the course for you?
Do you dream of creating the next Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto, or Super Mario? Is it your ambition to work in the dynamic and creative world of games design? If so, then our brand new and exciting Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (Games Design) is the qualification for you.
This course will teach you about the entire process of games design; from pre-production, creating concept art, and developing your story, characters, and environments, right through to the audio and visual processes of production, conceptualisation, soundtracks, and the fascinating world of 2D and 3D animation and modelling.
The Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (Games Design) focuses on both the science and the art behind games design. You will learn about new and traditional technologies in digital animation for computer games design, and become proficient in the use of up-to-date design software, animation and games technology, while also developing your vision and creativity through drawing, storytelling, and storyboarding.
If you are looking for an industry-recognised qualification that can kick-start your dream career, open the door to degree-level study, or lead directly to working in the games design, animation, or film and television industries, then look no further and apply today.
What modules will you do?
You will study eight mandatory units:
- Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Investigating audio production and technology
- Investigating visual production and technology
- Investigating interactive production and technology
- Developing a creative media production project
How will you be assessed?
You will be continually assessed in a variety of ways, across a wide range of projects, including both practical and question-based assignments.
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
Additional Information: Independent study is expected each week, including research, development, and visiting exhibitions.
Where can this course take you?
This course is nationally recognised by the games industry and could lead to junior positions in games design. There is also the potential for positions in the animation, film, and television industries using skills gained on the course.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (Games Design), you may wish to consider progressing on to the following higher education courses at London South Bank University (additional qualifications may be required):
- Computing Foundation Year
- Game Design and Development BA/BSc (Hons)
- Media Production BA (Hons)