Is this the course for you?
The Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology is an advanced course designed to develop your in-depth knowledge and understanding of the creative media industry, while teaching you essential technical skills that will enable you to progress to further training in a variety of media related subjects. This qualification is the equivalent of 1.5 A levels, making it perfect for those of you who wish to progress to Higher Education.
Through practical learning and real-world immersive study, you will develop both the creative media skills, and theoretical knowledge, that you need for a successful and rewarding career in this industry. You will gain experience of audio and visual technology; pre-production, production, and post-production processes; interactive media, creative media methods, and the application of media practice to express ideas to a range of audiences.
More than just developing your technical skills, you will also gain a deeper knowledge of the theories and principles of creative media production, and increase your understanding of the media industry as a whole. You will learn about professional standards, research methodologies, the expectations of the industry, and gain a conceptual understanding of the uses of creative media.
So, whether you already know the specific career path you wish to follow, or want to progress to further study and Higher Education, the Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology can help you turn your creative career aspirations in to reality.
What modules will you do?
You will develop skills, techniques, and knowledge in areas that can include:
- Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Investigating audio production and technology
- Investigating visual production and technology
- Investigating interactive production and technology
- Developing a creative media production project
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
Additional information: You will have a review of your portfolio and ideally show some moderate success in the subject area
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of assignments, course work, observation of practical workshops, and a final project.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to future employment in a number of creative media production and technology roles, or can provide a route to further training and Higher Education. Careers open to you could include camera person, film editor, director, director of photography, producer, scriptwriter, film crew, radio technician, radio producer, animator, and digital publishing.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology, you may wish to increase your knowledge and skills on one of our Level 3 Extended Diplomas:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (UAL)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (Digital Journalism) (UAL)