Is this the course for you?
The Level 2 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the creative media industry, while teaching you essential technical skills that will enable you to progress to further training in a variety of media related subjects.
Through practical learning and real-world immersive study, you will develop both the creative media skills, and theoretical knowledge, that you need for a successful and rewarding career in this industry. You will gain experience of audio and visual production and technology, interactive media, creative media methods, and a range of production techniques.
More than just developing your technical skills, you will also gain a deeper knowledge of the theories and principles of creative media production, and increase your understanding of the media industry as a whole. You will learn about professional standards, the expectations of the industry, conceptual understanding of the uses of creative media, and how to apply media practice to express your ideas to a range of audiences.
So, whether you already know the specific career path you wish to follow, or want to progress on to further study and Higher Education, the Level 2 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology can help kickstart your journey.
What modules will you do?
You will develop skills, techniques, and knowledge in areas that can include:
- Introduction to creative media methods and skills
- Introduction to production techniques in creative media
- Understanding an audience in creative media production
- Contextual research for creative media production
- Exploring audio production and technology
- Exploring visual production and technology
- Exploring interactive media production and technology
- Personal project and presentation in creative media production
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
Additional information: Minimum of x2 GCSEs at C or 4 or above Maths and English achieved at Entry Level or Level 1 You will have a review of your portfolio and ideally show some moderate success in the subject area
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of assignments, course work, observation of practical workshops, and a final project.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to future employment in a number of creative media production and technology roles. These could include camera person, film editor, director, director of photography, producer, scriptwriter, film crew, radio technician, radio producer, animator, and digital publishing.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology, you may wish to consider one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (UAL)
- Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (Digital Journalism) (UAL)