Is this the course for you?
Put simply, this is an advanced technical course for those of you who are serious about becoming a fully-qualified electrician or pursuing a career in the electrotechnical industry in general. It will build on your existing know-how, and take your technical knowledge and skills to the next level.
The Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations will guide you through the entire process of electrical installation. From learning about electrical system design, through to developing the advanced practical skills required to install, maintain, inspect, test, and commission electrical systems, in both domestic and commercial environments.
This course will also increase your knowledge of the principles of electrical science, and give you an in-depth understanding of health and safety in building services engineering, so you can create a safe working environment that meets industry standards.
This Level 3 Diploma will give you the grounding you need to spark your electrotechnical career aspirations into life.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills and techniques in areas such as:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical Installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
What do you need to apply?
5 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade C or 4 or above or equivalent Level 2 vocational qualification at merit/pass or above
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical and technical assessments, course work, portfolio work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to direct employment in the electrotechnical industry; an appren
ticeship; or provide you the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations, you may wish to consider the following advanced courses available at London South Bank University (additional qualifications may be required):
- Building Services Engineering (BTEC HND)
- Building Services Technician Apprenticeship (HNC)