Is this the course for you?
If you are serious about becoming a qualified electrician and are looking for a qualification that will teach you the practical and technical skills, and essential electrical science and theory, that you need for a career in the electrotechnical industry, then this is the course for you.
The Level 2 Diploma in Electrical installations is the perfect mix of hands-on training and theoretical learning, all underpinned by a strong focus on safe working practices and industry standards. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the installation and maintenance of wiring systems and enclosures, including more advanced practical skills such as inspection and testing, and learn how to work with a range of materials such as steel and plastic conduit, trunking, and PVC cables.
Alongside your practical training, you will develop your understanding of health and safety in building services engineering, increase your knowledge of electrical installations technology, and learn about the principles of electrical science.
If your goal is become a fully-qualified electrician in a domestic, industrial, or commercial setting, then this course is the spark you need to power-up your ambitions.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Electrical installations technology
- Principles of electrical science
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, course work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to an apprenticeship in the electrotechnical industry, or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations, you may wish to consider progressing on to one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations: IET 18th Edition (City and Guilds)