Is this the course for you?
If your goal is to become a fully-qualified electrician or electrical engineer, either by securing an apprenticeship or by progressing on to further qualifications at college, then this course is the ideal starting point for you to spark your ambition into life.
The Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installations will provide you with hands-on practical training in a number of essential skills and techniques, and will also develop your knowledge of health, safety, and correct working practices, for both construction sites and domestic dwellings.
You will be taught about the safe and correct way to install wiring and terminals, fabrication techniques for electrical installations, site preparation, and electrical science and technology. Alongside this, you will also learn about the structure of the construction industry, and environmental and sustainability measures when working in a domestic setting.
No matter what your electrotechnical career goals are, this course will give you the grounding to achieve them.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation or working in the construction industry
- Carry electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installations
- Electrical science and technology
What do you need to apply?
2 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D-G or 3-1 or above or Entry Level vocational qualification
Additional Information: You will have an initial assessment in English and maths
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, course work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to an apprenticeship in the electrotechnical industry, or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installations, you may wish to consider the following Level 2 courses:
- Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations (City and Guilds)