Is this the course for you?
If you are looking for a career in the construction industry but are not sure in which direction you'd like to go, or if your goal is to work in the maintenance industry or become a specialist in repair and refurbishment, then this course will provide you with the industry-standard skills that your potential employers desire.
During your hands-on practical sessions held in our fully-equipped workshops, you'll learn how to correctly carry out small-scale repairs in a number of construction trades. From repairing brick and masonry work, making repairs to paintwork and decorative finishes, and repairing plaster, right through to fixing plumbing systems and carrying out carpentry repairs.
This course will also teach you about health, safety, and welfare in the industry, ranging from legislation through to site safety, and will develop your knowledge of the principles of building construction, information and communication
The Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations is the ideal qualification to develop both your practical skills, and your knowledge of the theory and principles behind the construction industry, to fully prepare you for your future career.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Health, welfare and safety in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out small-scale building repairs
- Carry out small-scale painting and decorating repairs
- Carry out small-scale plastering repairs
- Carry out small-scale plumbing repairs
- Carry out carpentry repairs
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, course work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in a trainee or entry level role in the construction, maintenance, or refurbishment industries; an apprenticeship; or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations, you may wish to consider increasing your specialist knowledge and skills with one of the following courses:
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying (City and Guilds)