Is this the course for you?
Is your ambition to become a fully-qualified painter and decorator? Do you want a career in the domestic, commercial or industrial contracting sector? Is it your dream to be your own boss and start you own painting and decorating business in the future? If you answer to any of those questions is yes, then this course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to help achieve your goals.
The Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating is designed to teach you a broad range of essential skills; from the basic preparation of surfaces for decorating, erecting and dismantling access equipment, and applying standard paper to walls and ceilings, through to more advanced techniques such as creating exact colours, producing specialist decorative finishes, and applying paint to complicated areas.
As well as learning practical skills during hands-on sessions in our workshop, you will also develop your industry knowledge during classroom-based lessons. You will learn about the principles of building construction, information and communication, as well as gaining essential knowledge of health, safety, and welfare in construction.
Whether you're looking to advance on to further study, seek an apprenticeship, or go straight into employment, the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating will teach you the basic knowledge, skills and techniques you need to become a confident and professional painter and decorator.
Note - Safety boots are required.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Creating and applying colour
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, course work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in the painting and decorating sector, either employed by a contractor or starting your own business in the future. Passing this course can also provide the opportunity for further study and training to enable you to become a master of your craft.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating, you may wish to consider expanding your knowledge and skills with one of the following courses:
- Level 2 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations (City and Guilds)