Is this the course for you?
If you have already developed a good understanding of basic plumbing skills and knowledge, and are now looking for a qualification that will teach you more complex technical skills and move you a big step closer to a career in the plumbing industry, then this is the course for you.
The Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing is taught via a combination of practical hands-on sessions, to teach you complex skills and advanced techniques, and classroom-based lessons where you will learn the fundamental principles and technical theory of the industry.
You will receive practical training in a number of essential areas, such as complex cold water systems, domestic hot water systems, sanitation and drainage systems, and central heating systems including boilers and controls.
As well as developing your advanced practical skills, you will also learn about environmental technology systems, the principles of domestic gas installations, and the all-important health and safety requirements in building services engineering.
Note - Safety boots are required
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Plumbing system installation planning
- Complex cold water systems
- Complex domestic hot water systems
- Complex sanitation and drainage systems
- Central heating systems - boilers and controls
- Domestic gas principles
- Career awareness in building services engineering
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical and technical assessments, course work, portfolio work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to direct employment in the domestic, industrial, and commercial plumbing industries; an apprenticeship; or provide you the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing, you may wish to consider the following advanced courses available at London South Bank University (additional qualifications may be required):
- Construction (BTEC HNC)
- Building Services Engineering (BTEC HND)
- Building Services Technician Apprenticeship (HNC)