Is this the course for you?
If you are serious about working in the plumbing industry, whether it be in a domestic, commercial, or industrial setting, then the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies is the course for you.
This course is specifically designed to improve your prospects of finding work within the plumbing industry, and can be a huge step towards an accredited apprenticeship, or progressing on to higher level study, moving you a big step closer to your goal of becoming a fully-qualified plumber.
Through a mix of hands-on practical sessions and theory-based study, you will learn about the key methods, materials, processes and principles used in plumbing. You will be taught essential topics such as how to install non-complex plumbing systems and components; how and when to apply copper, steel, or plastic piping; domestic hot water systems, central heating, sanitation, and drainage systems.
More than just developing your practical and technical skills, this course will also teach you the fundamental electrical and scientific principles of plumbing and engineering, improve your on-site communication, and show you how to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
Note - Safety boots are required
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, course work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in a junior or trainee role in the domestic, industrial, and commercial plumbing industries; an apprenticeship; or provide the opportunity for further study and training.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies, you may wish to consider the following Level 3 course:
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing (City and Guilds)