Is this the course for you?
If you are looking for a course that will develop your practical construction skills and increase your technical knowledge, while preparing you to work safely and confidently in the construction industry, then you can stop your search, because this is the right course for you.
The Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying is comprised of both practical hands-on training in our industry-standard workshop, and classroom-based theory lessons. The course is designed to help you develop a broad-base of essential building methods and techniques, and also understand the construction theory and principles behind them.
You will learn the fundamentals of bricklaying and block work, as well more advanced techniques in areas such as the construction of cavity walling to form masonry structures, joint masonry and cladding, building masonry structures for damp proof course, and solid walling with isolated and attached piers.
Alongside developing your technical skills, you will be taught to work to recognised industrial standards and tolerances, and how to create a safe construction environment.
Due to our close professional links to construction companies, you will also get the opportunity to experience commercial construction work conditions on a work placement, and there will be opportunities to visit building exhibitions and construction sites as part of your studies.
What modules will you do?
You will develop knowledge, skills, and techniques in areas such as:
- Principles of building construction, information, and communication
- Setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out block laying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Construct cavity walling to form masonry structures
- Health, safety, and welfare in construction
- Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling with isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
What do you need to apply?
4 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade D or 3 or above or equivalent Level 1 vocational qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of practical assessments, course work, and online exams.
Where can this course take you?
This course could lead to employment in the construction industry; an apprenticeship; or provide the opportunity for further study and training to eventually become a master tradesman or start your own business.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying, you may wish to consider expanding your knowledge and skills with one of the following courses:
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (City and Guilds)
- Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations (City and Guilds)