Is this the course for you?
Are you a new or aspiring junior manager? Are you looking to build the leadership skills you need to take your career to the next level and become a great manager? This course is designed to do exactly that.
The Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management will teach you the core skills and understanding you need to deal with management responsibilities and develop as a leader, helping to start or progress your career with confidence.
From effective decision making and problem solving, through to increasing productivity, motivating your team, and improving communication, this course will provide you with the tools to be an efficient and effective leader, and give you the transferable skills that employers look for in future managers.
Focussing on both the technical skills and personal qualities all great managers possess, the Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management could be your next step on the career path you've always aspired to.
This is an evening course, consisting of three hours of study per week, so it can be fitted in around your existing work, study, or family commitments.
What modules will you do?
You will study a broad range of topics designed to improve your leadership skills, such as:
- Understanding leadership
- Leading and Motivating a Team Effectively
- Understanding organising and delegating in the workplace
- Understanding the induction of new staff in the workplace
- Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Understanding performance management
- Planning and allocating work
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Understanding conflict management in the workplace
What do you need to apply?
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be graded via internal assessment and examination.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to a number of junior manager and supervisor roles in a huge array of industries.
For those already working at a junior management level, it can aid progression to senior management.
It can also provide a route onto higher education courses in this sector.
After successfully passing the Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management, you may wish to consider the following foundation course, available at London South Bank University:
- Business Foundation Course