Is this the course for you?
If you're looking for a qualification that can open the door to a huge number of future opportunities in the world of business, then look no further, because this is the course for you.
Whether your goal is to take your first step towards a business career, to take on increased responsibilities in your current role, to develop learning and employability skills, or to advance to further/higher education in areas such as business, finance, administration, or law, the Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Business, Administration & Finance is the perfect place to start.
This exciting course will teach you the basics of business, covering topics such as developing customer relations, business communication, working in teams, finance and statistics, office administration, and business law. With the ability to choose your own combination of modules, you can tailor your study to suit your ambitions.
You will increase more than just your knowledge, as this course is designed to develop your personal skills too. It will even show you how to find and apply for your ideal job, and prepare you for interviews.
This course is available as a part-time day option with one full day of study a week lasting 18 weeks.
The flexibility of study options makes this course ideal for fitting in around your existing work, study, or family commitments, and a great choice if you are looking to return to education.
What modules will you do?
This course is comprised of a combination of compulsory and optional units in topics such as:
- Communication Skills for Business
- Data Protection and Confidentiality in a Working Environment
- Introduction to Business Planning
- Creating and Publishing Websites
- Solve Business Problems
- Preparing for an Interview
- Understand the Legal Context of Business
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Statistics and Probability
- Manage own Performance in a Business Environment
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways such as role play, practical demonstration, report writing, group discussion, and question/answer tests.
You will also create portfolios to show what you have learnt during your practical activities.
Where can this course take you?
Successful completion of this course can lead to employment in a junior/administration role or an apprenticeship across a wide range of exciting sectors and industries, such as logistics, sales, marketing, management, retail, customer service and many more.
Following your completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Business, Administration & Finance, you may wish to consider one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration (OCNLR)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management (ILM City and Guilds)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)