Is this the course for you?
If you are looking for a course that will prepare you for a successful career in the world of business, give you the opportunity to further your education and qualifications, or to teach you the basics of what you need to eventually start your own small business, then this is the course for you.
The Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business will teach you the essential communication, project management, customer service, online, and financial planning skills required to be a success, no matter what industry you want to work in.
This course doesn't just prepare for a life in business, it develops your core skills, and places you in real-life scenarios, giving you a skill-set that all future employers will value.
With a mix of compulsory modules to teach you the fundamentals of business, and optional units that allow you to specialise your knowledge, you will be able to tailor your course to suit your ambitions, whether that be immediate employment, or advancing to higher-level learning.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of compulsory and optional modules, in varied and exciting topics such as:
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business
- Small Business Planning
- Promoting a Brand
- Principles of Marketing
- Introducing Project Management
- Principles of Customer Service
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Providing Business Support
- Introducing Law and Consumer Rights
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Business Online
- Visual Merchandising in Retail Business
- Business Planning
- Business Communication
- Sustainability in the Business Workplace
What do you need to apply?
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification
How will you be assessed?
You will be continually assessed in a variety of ways including:
- Carrying out practical tasks
- Present information that you have gathered
- Keep working logbooks, records, and journals
- Practising English and mathematical skills
- Taking part in oral or written presentations
- Taking part in role play, interviews and other activities
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead you into jobs in a variety of business environments, in both the private and public sectors, including business services assistant, project officer, finance assistant, client services officer, human resources advisor, marketing assistant, customer services advisor, and business administrator.
After successfully passing the Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business, you may wish to consider one of the following Level 3 courses:
- Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Business (BTEC)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management (ILM City and Guilds)