Is this the course for you?
The Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Business is the ideal starting point for those of you who know you want a career in the exciting and varied world of business, but are not yet sure what job you'd like to do.
Designed to teach and develop practical business skills, this course is all about what you can do, rather than what you already know. You will also acquire a variety of transferrable skills that will help in all aspects of life, not just in the world of business.
You will study essential topics like research and planning, time management, and working with others, while learning how to run meetings, brand a product, help with the running of events, create visual displays, and pitch a business idea.
If you're looking for your first step on the business ladder, or want to gain access to higher level qualifications, then this is the course for you.
What modules will you do?
You will study a mixture of compulsory and optional modules, in varied and exciting topics such as:
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
- Finding Out About Businesses in Your Area
- Organising a Meeting
- Branding a Product
- Creating a Visual Display
- Presenting a Business Idea
- Contributing to Running an Event
- Recording Income and Expenditure
- Communicating with Customers
What do you need to apply?
Entry Level 3 English qualification
Additional Information: You will have an initial assessment in English and Maths
How will you be assessed?
You will be continually assessed in a variety of ways including:
- Carrying out practical tasks.
- Present information that you have gathered.
- Keep working logbooks, records, and journals.
- Practising English and mathematical skills.
- Taking part in oral or written presentations.
- Taking part in role play, interviews and other activities.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead you into entry level jobs in a variety of business environments, such as business support clerk, junior administrator, and client services clerk.
Successfully passing the Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Business will also give you the opportunity to enrol on the following Level 2 course:
- Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business (BTEC)