Is this the course for you?
The Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software is the ideal entry point to start your career in accountancy and finance; develop your accountancy skills for your existing role, or self-owned business; or even help you completely change career direction. It can also provide you with a gateway to further study - and higher-level accountancy and business qualifications - and is ideally-suited to those of you returning to education.
This course is designed to meet the needs of the modern business environment; where processing data and information into accounting software is a necessary task in most finance roles. The purpose of the Foundation Award in Accounting Software is to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical bookkeeping transactions and tasks - using accounting software - confidently. You’ll gain valuable experience in the use of Sage 50 Accounts Professional (the most commonly used business accounting software in the UK) and Microsoft Excel.
The Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software is part of AAT’s range of Short Qualifications; typically taking three weeks to complete, with two study days per week. These Short Qualifications are flexible, adaptable to your personal needs, and focus on the specific knowledge and skills you’ll need for a career in accountancy and finance. What’s more, as they’re certificated by AAT (the Association of Accounting Technicians), they’re highly-valued by employers in a wide-range of industries.
This is a part-time course, with multiple start dates throughout the year, so it can be fitted around your existing home, study, and work commitments.
What modules will you do?
This course will teach you the knowledge and skills needed to perform typical data processing, and carry out bookkeeping transactions and tasks, using accounting software.
The course contains one mandatory unit: Using Accounting Software
Your areas of study will include:
- Entering transactions into accounting software
- Performing bank reconciliations.
- Setting up ledger accounts for new and existing businesses
- Processing typical bookkeeping entries
- Sales and purchase documentation
- Recording bank and cash entries
- Producing and understanding reports
What do you need to apply?
An initial assessment will be required for all applicants. You will also need:
- Qualification at Level 1 in Accountancy or a related vocational course
- Level 1 or above in Maths and English
- Recent, relevant work experience (on agreement with your Course Tutor)
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed via an online examination at the end of the course.
Where can this course take you?
This course can lead to employment in a variety of accountancy and finance roles, in both the public and private sectors, including clerical assistant, trainee bookkeeper, accounts clerk, finance assistant, and accounts administrator.
After successfully passing the Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software, you may wish to consider expanding your knowledge and skills on another of our Level 2 AAT courses:
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (AAT)
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (AAT)
Alternatively, you could choose to advance to one of Lambeth College’s Level 2 or 3 business and accounting courses:
- Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Business, Administration & Finance (OCNLR)
- Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business (BTEC)
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (AAT) (Mindful Education)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business & Admin (OCNLR)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management (ILM C&G)
- Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Business (BTEC QCF)