The Society for Education and Training (SET) has welcomed teaching staff at Lambeth College in London as SET members after the college signed a new Corporate Partnership between the two organisations.
SET is the only professional membership body dedicated to teaching staff and trainers working in further education. The collaboration will see staff at Lambeth College being offered a valuable range of professional development opportunities.
Announcing the partnership, Fiona Morey, Lambeth College Principal, said: “We are delighted to be working so closely with SET and for our teachers to be able to develop their professional practice through the opportunities offered by SET.
“This investment in our staff complements our desire to be at the cutting edge of evidence based practice and research, and links with the creation of our new Teaching and Learning Professional Development Centre.”
Martin Reid, Director of SET, said: “Everyone at the Society for Education and Training is proud to welcome onboard our latest corporate partner, Lambeth College. Corporate Partnership is a positive step that signals a provider’s commitment both to high-quality development for its staff and teaching for its students.
“This collaboration will see the Lambeth College teaching staff provided with access to a host of CPD opportunities, expertise and resources. It will also help them strive for excellence in their professional journey by enabling them to study for both Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status and Advanced Teacher Status.”
As SET members, teaching staff at the college will enjoy benefits including:
- the opportunity to study for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). SET is the only passport to achieving both QTLS and ATS
- access to resources, training and teaching tools, research and expert views in further education
- access to SET’s online research library
- being part of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the further education sector, with opportunities to share expertise and experience with their peers
- receiving copies of inTuition, the leading journal for practitioners working across further education, vocational teaching and training
- entitlement to use SET’s membership grade designations after their names: Associate member (ASET), Member (MSET), or Fellow member (FSET), depending on the level of their teaching qualifications.
2. About the Society for Education and Training (https://set.et-foundation.co.uk/)
The Society for Education and Training is the membership body dedicated to professionals working across further education, vocational teaching and training. It is the professional arm of the Education and Training Foundation.
With over 17,000 members it is the largest professional membership body in the education sector and growing rapidly. All its members strive for excellence in all they do.
It helps the careers of professionals working across further education, vocational teaching and training, inspires them to be even better, and, connects them with thousands of like-minded professionals and experts.
It aims to raise the status of the profession, champion the quality of professionals teaching and training across working across further education, vocational teaching and training and provide access to the best research and expert views there are.
3. About SET Corporate Partnership
SET Corporate Partnership is a status for providers that support their staff to undertake QTLS and require it when recruiting new teachers and trainers. It is a public way of demonstrating commitment to staff development and progression.
5. About the Education and Training Foundation
The ETF is the government-backed, sector-owned national workforce and professional development body for the Further Education (FE) and Training sector. Its role is to support the continuing transformation of the technical and vocational education system by ensuring the sector has world-class leaders, teachers and trainers. This leads to ever-improving learner outcomes, a better skilled workforce for employers and a stronger economy, country and society.
We do this by improving, driving and championing the quality of leadership, teaching and training through four key pillars:
- Setting professional standards, running the sector’s professional membership body (Society for Education and Training) and for awarding practitioners with QTLS and ATS
- Supporting sector change
- Leading workforce development for leaders, governors and practitioners
- Providing key workforce data and research.
The Education and Training Foundation is a company registered in England Registered address: 157 -197 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9SP, t: 0203 740 8280 Company registration number: 08540597. Charity number: 1153859