A Level students Patrese, Twahid, Jazz and Moni celebrate their results at Lambeth College.
Students at Lambeth College have been celebrating their exam success again this year after putting in months and months of hard work, revision and nervous waiting.
Arriving to collect their result slips, students finally got to know if they’d achieved the marks needed to make it to university or higher education. And, there were some very nice surprises in store as envelopes were torn open.
Over two hundred students sat their AS and A2 levels this year with one quarter achieving A*, A and B grades. Lambeth College offers A Levels in twenty different subjects and this year had a pass rate of 92%.
At A2, there were 100% pass rates in Economics, Government and Politics, History, Law, Physics, ICT, Photography, French and Spanish and passes over 90% in Biology, Business Studies, Mathematics and Sociology.
Moni Raad, who is 19, achieved an A* grade in Maths, A in Chemistry and B in Biology. He said: “I am very pleased with my results although I would have liked them to be straight A*s. I am now planning on going to university to study medicine. My ambition is to become a neurosurgeon one day. Thank you to my great teachers. The College has been a very good place to learn and I’ve particularly enjoyed playing for the basketball team.”
Patrese Foster achieved three straight A grades in her Sociology, Politics and Psychology A Level exams and secured a place at the University of Surrey to study Politics. She says: “I am a very ambitious person and I’d like to be a barrister, or work in commercial law or even become a politician. I’m very proud of my results and I worked incredibly hard to get them. Lambeth College has provided a great experience for me. The facilities are brilliant and the teachers performed above and beyond to help and support me through the highs and lows of studying at this level. Thank you all very much.”
Lambeth College’s Principal and Chief Executive, Mark Silverman said: “These results are a tribute not only to our hard working students but also to their families, tutors and support teams who provide them with continual help and guidance.
I joined Lambeth College as the new Principal earlier this year and it is my ambition to ensure that the college provides an excellent learning experience for its students, ensuring they can realise their dreams and progress. I am delighted to see that so many of our successful A Level students will now be going on to university or into employment. Lambeth College will continue to build on good relationships with employers and Universities so that future students can access the best opportunities.”
Meet some more of our AS and A Level Stars
- A Level students Patrese, Twahid, Jazz and Moni celebrate their results at Lambeth College in August.
- A Level student Moni is heading to university to study medicine after achieving an A* in Maths, A in Chemistry and B in Biology.
- Triple AAA grades for Patrese and a place at Goldsmiths University for Twahid. The hard work is finally paying off.
- AS Level students Mehdi and Michael are both returning in September to complete year 2 of their A Level courses.
- AS Level Accounting and Business student Aline is hoping to return in September to complete her course and then go on to university.
- Daniel is celebrating after achieving a grade A in his A Level Spanish exam.
- Jazz has made it into her first choice university to study English and Journalism after achieving a B and two Cs in her A Level exams.
- Ibrahim achieved two Bs and a C and is hoping to go to Brunel University to study Business and Sports Management. He would like to become a Sports Agent one day.
- Stella achieved an A and two Bs and has secured herself a place at Salford University to study Law and Criminology. She has ambitions to become a Criminal Lawyer.