|Course option 1|
|Length of course||2 years|
|Course mode||Part-time Day/Evening|
This course is for people who work in the Early Years sector who would like professional development opportunities and enhanced career prospects.
- Introduction to early years
- Working with other professionals
- Developing curriculum practice
- Relating to and liaising with parents
- Personal and professional development
- Supporting children’s participation
- Safeguarding children
- Representations and creativity in children’s drawings
- Personal, social and emotional development of children
- Working with groups of children
- Research in Professional Practice (over 2 years)
- 0-3 Year Olds
- Foundation Stage (3-5 year olds)
- Teaching Assistants
After this course: While the Foundation Degree is a qualification in its own right, it can be converted into a full Honours Degree at London South Bank University or other university with one year of further study. Learners can also undertake a work-based training programme leading to Qualified Teacher Status.
Level 3 qualification in child care (merit grade or above) or relevant Access course and a suitable level of experience.
Learners must be employed in an early years setting (nursery, primary school or similar establishment) throughout the course and will also be required to attend an interview and pass an initial College assessment in English.
If you are interested in applying for this course please register and apply online and we will contact you as soon as possible to invite you in for an interview.
Alternatively download a pdf copy of our Application Form.
You can also e-mail email@example.com or call 020 7501 5000 for a hard copy of the application form.
For more information please call our Course Advice and Information Service on 020 7501 5000.