|Course option 1|
|Start date||September 2013|
|Length of course||1 year|
|Course mode||Full-time Day|
19-23 Reduced fee
19-23 Standard fee
24+ (Loan available)
The costs given above are for the first year of the course.
This course covers the theory and practice of child care from birth to 19 years and provides learners with the opportunity to develop practical skills, knowledge and understanding at an advanced level. Work experience is a mandatory part of the course.
- Context and principles of early years provision
- Promoting learning and development
- Supporting children's speech, language and communication
- Principles for implementing duty of care
- Professional practice
- Working together for the benefit of children and young people
- Promoting young children's physical activity and movement
- Promoting creativity and creative learning
- Engaging parents in their children's early learning
After this course: Progression to Access to Higher Education course, employment or an apprenticeship.
At least 6 months experience of working with children in a voluntary or paid capacity. Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, or a level 2 in the initial College assessment. GCSE passes (Grades A* - C) including English or Maths would be an advantage.
A Criminal Record Declaration on enrolment, a CRB and 2 references are reqiured.
If you are interested in applying for this course please register and apply online and we will contact you as soon as possible to invite you in for an interview.
Alternatively please download a pdf copy of our Application Form.
If you are currently at school please make sure you print off a School Reference Request Form and give it to your teacher or equivalent.
You can also e-mail email@example.com or call 020 7501 5000 for a hard copy of the application form.
For more information please call our Course Advice and Information Service on 020 7501 5000.